The sons of the successful craftsman Giuseppe “Pinella” Moroni, Carlo and Luigi founded the “F.lli Moroni fabbri ferrai” company, and registered it at Confartigianato on 1st January 1923, then at the Chamber of Commerce on 3rd May 1938. Initially, they were ordinary craftsmen processing iron for the agricultural market, but with the end of World War II they expanded their production and sales towards novel items. The post-war reconstruction launched the company into a new dimension: 15 workers and a lot of equipment to be transported by handcart to Ossona, where it was packed daily onto the Gamba de Legn (steam locomotive) to Milan. When Carlo passed away in 1961, his two sons Vittorio and Giuseppe joined the business. Craft production continued until 1975 when, with the death of their uncle Luigi, the Moroni brothers decided to focus exclusively on trade.
The arrivals of Carlo, in 1985, and Claudio, in 1993, brought further innovation to the business and reached its peak in 2008 with the final transfer of shares. The crisis in the construction industry that was triggered in the following years did not downsize the business but helped diversify the company’s operations and create the three current brands: